Hosting an event for New Year’s Eve? Here are some suggestions for making your event a success.
- Champagne cocktails: Kick off the new year with a festive cocktail made with champagne or sparkling wine. Some options include a classic champagne cocktail, a bellini, or a mimosa.
- Appetizers: Set out a selection of small bites for guests to enjoy before the main meal. Some options could include crostini with toppings such as goat cheese and fig jam or smoked salmon and creme fraiche, cheese and charcuterie boards, or roasted nuts.
- Main dishes: For the main course, consider serving something special and celebratory like a prime rib roast, a whole roasted chicken, or a fancy seafood dish like lobster tail or scallops.
- Desserts: End the evening on a sweet note with a decadent dessert like a chocolate truffle cake, a tower of profiteroles filled with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, or a champagne and raspberry sorbet.
- Party snacks: Don’t forget to have some snacks on hand for guests to nibble on throughout the evening. Some options could include chips and dips, nuts, olives, or cocktail meatballs.